Universitet haqda məlumat
The university was established on the basis of Tbilisi State University. Tbilisi State University had been founded under guidance of Georgian historian Ivane Javakhishvili in 1918. In July 1930, when Georgia had already fallen under Soviet rule, the authorities abolished Tbilisi State University, creating four independent institutions in its place. State Pedagogical Institute was one of those universities.
On January 8, 1933 Tbilisi State University was re-established and State Pedagogical Institute moved to Kutaisi. Now named Kutaisi University and located in the center of the city, it started functioning from February 13, 1933. Up to 700 students moved to Kutaisi from Tbilisi to continue their studies at the university.
In 1990, the university was transformed into Akaki Tsereteli State University, being named after Georgian poet and national liberation movement figure Akaki Tsereteli. On February 23, 2006, the authorities merged the university with Kutaisi N. Muskhelishvili Polytechnic Institute which was founded on September 1, 1974, enhancing its faculty and curriculum on technical subjects.
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Faculty of Exact and Natural Sciences
- Faculty of Pedagogics
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Technical Engineering
- Faculty of Maritime Transportation
- Faculty of Agriculture