Alecu Russo State University of Bălți

Alecu Russo State University of Bălți

   The Alecu Russo Balti State University (Romanian: Universitatea de Stat “Alecu Russo” din Bălți) is the second biggest university in Moldova. It is named after the 19th century Romanian illuminist and ethnologist Alecu Russo.

   The original complex of buildings in the 1930s housed the financial administration, as well as three high schools (two of which were girls-only) and has the characteristic architecture of the time. The university was founded in 1946.

    Alecu Russo Balti State University faculties:

Faculty of Real Sciences

Faculty of Philology

Faculty of Foreign Languages and Literatures

Faculty of Psychology and Social Work

Faculty of Sciences of Education and Arts

Faculty of Law

Faculty of Economics

Faculty of Natural Science and Agroecology