Universitet haqda məlumat
The Institut National des Sciences Appliquées de Rennes or INSA de Rennes is a Grande École d’Ingénieurs, a School of Engineering, under the authority of the French Ministry of Education and Research and part of the INSA’s group.
INSA Rennes was founded in 1966 to train highly qualified engineers, support continuing education, and conduct research and testing. The five-year curriculum aims at training engineers who possess humane qualities and are well versed in the primary areas of science and engineering. The school accommodates 1,400 students in engineering.
The education is divided into two parts:
- the first cycle, which is a highly selective part of the studies and which aims at giving the basis for future engineering studies,
- the second cycle, for which the students have the choice of 7 specialties. The future engineer chooses here a specialisation, and have then the possibility to pursue a PhD.
Some special sections are available:
- Sports-with-studies combining a good level of education in sport and science,
The university is located on a campus called Beaulieu in the east of Rennes.
- Computer Science
- Mechanical engineering and Automatism
- Civil engineering
- Electronics and Computer Engineering
- Materials Science & Engineering
- Communication Systems & Networks
- Mathematical engineering