Universitet haqda məlumat
The first-ever national university in the Caucasus was opened in 1918 laying the foundation for a European-type higher school in Georgia, based on Georgian educational traditions.
The idea of foundation of the university first emerged as far back as the early 19th century amid intensification of the struggle for liberation from Russian empire.
A new generation led by great Georgian public figure Ilia Chavchavadze, with whom a new stage of spiritual revival in the history of our country is connected, appeared on the scene in the sixties of the 19th century. The struggle for establishing the university became especially vigorous during those years.
Real possibilities of establishing a higher school have opened up after the Nobiliary Manorial Estate Bank was founded in Tbilisi. It was the only bank throughout the Russian empire, which spent its incomes to promote the cultural-educational and economic interests of the nation.
- FACULTY OF EXACT AND NATURAL SCIENCES
- FACULTY OF HUMANITIES
- FACULTY OF SOCIAL AND POLITICAL SCIENCES
- FACULTY OF PSYCHOLOGY AND EDUCATIONAL SCIENCES
- FACULTY OF ECONOMICS AND BUSINESS
- FACULTY OF MEDICINE
- FACULTY OF LAW