Universitet haqda məlumat
LSU traces its origins back to 1934 when the President of Lithuania, Antanas Smetona, established the Higher Courses of Physical Education or HCPE (Lithuanian: Aukštieji kūno kultūros kursai) offering a higher education degree. The HCPE were founded with the idea of combining the subjects of physical exercises and military training so that the graduates would be able to teach these subjects in gymnasiums. In 1938, HCPE were closed and their function was taken over by the Department of Physical Education established at Vytautas Magnus University.
In 1945, the Lithuanian State Institute of Physical Education was founded as an independent institution. It was located in the former palace of Physical Education Base and has got the main stadium with couple of football pitches, sports hall, tennis and basketball courts. In the first year, 100 students were enrolled at the Institute. In 1999, the Institute was renamed the Lithuanian Academy of Physical Education (Lithuanian: Lietuvos kūno kultūros akademija or LKKA) by a resolution of the Parliament of Lithuania (Seimas).
- Faculty of Sport Biomedicine
- Faculty of Sport Education