Universitet haqda məlumat
The first pedagogical institution in Lithuania was established in Klaipėda in 1935 by the Lithuanian government and was called the National Pedagogical Institute. After the Nazi Germany ultimatum to Lithuania in March 1939, the Nazis took control of the Klaipėda Region. The institute was moved to Panevėžys. After Lithuania regained portions of the Vilnius Region, the institution was moved to Vilnius in the autumn of 1939. It was renamed to Vilnius Pedagogical Institute (Vilniaus pedagoginis institutas).
In 1940, due to the Soviet invasion and occupation, teacher training was reformed according to Soviet standards which affected VPI as the number of students increased due to the changes. After Lithuania regained independence in 1990, the Institute was given the title of a university by the Supreme Council of the Republic Lithuania on May 20, 1992 and reformed into Vilnius Pedagogical University. In October 2011 the university was renamed to Lithuanian University of Educational Sciences.
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Philology
- Faculty of Science and Technologies
- Faculty of History
- Faculty of Lithuanian Philology
- Faculty of Social Education
- Faculty of Sports and Health Education
- Professional Competence Development Institute