Universitet haqda məlumat
Based on the resolution of the People’s Commissariat on Education of 8 March 1922, the Art Academy of Georgia was founded. Four faculties were established, those of painting, sculpture, graphic arts and architecture. In 1927 the department of ceramics was added. In 1922 Mose Toidze founded an art school providing training to the young people wishing to enter the Academy. The Academy is housed in the former Kobulashvili mansion, completely reconstructed and refurbished by the architect Simon Kldiashvili in 1902.
From the beginning, the teachers and professors of the academy were renowned artists; the first were Gigo Gabashvili, Iakob Nikoladze, Eugene Lanceray, Joseph Sharlemagne, Henryk Hryniewski, Egishe Tatevosyan, Nikolay Sklifosovskiy, Nicholas Antadze, Anatoli Kalgin, Nikolay Severove, Dimitri Shevardnadze, Michael Machavariani, Alexander Pitskhelauri, Michael Khananashvili, Boris Shebuev, Mose Toidze, Alexander Tsimakuridze, Nicholas Kandelaki, Valerian Sidamon-Eristavi, David Kakabadze, Lado Gudiashvili, George Sesiashvili, Ucha Japaridze, Shalva Amiranashvili, Apollon Kutateladze, Vasili Shukhaev, Sergo Kobuladze, Silovan Kakabadze, Shota Mikatadze, David Tsitsishvili, Zakro Maisuradze, and Lado Grigolia.
- Visual Arts – Dean: David Alexidze
- Media Arts – Dean: Gia Shengelia
- Design – Dean: Tinatin Kldiashvili
- Architecture – Dean: Nodar Amashukeli
- Restoration, Art History and Theory – Dean: Nino Chogoshvili