Universitet haqda məlumat
Vytautas Magnus University (VMU) (Lithuanian: Vytauto Didžiojo Universitetas (VDU)) is a public university in Kaunas, Lithuania. The university was founded in 1922 during the interwar period as an alternate national university.
Initially it was known as the University of Lithuania, but in 1930 the university was renamed to Vytautas Magnus University, commemorating 500 years of death of Vytautas the Great, the Lithuanian ruler, well known for the nation’s greatest historical expansion in the 15th century.
It is one of the leading universities of Lithuania, has now about 8,800 students, including Master and Ph.D. candidates. There are a little more than 1000 employees, including approximately 90 professors.
- Music Academy
- Faculty of Catholic Theology
- Institute of Foreign Languages / Innovative Studies Institute
- Faculty of Economics and Management
- Faculty of Natural Sciences / Faculty of Informatics
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Humanities / Faculty of Political Science and Diplomacy
- Faculty of Social Sciences / Faculty of Law
- VMU Kaunas Botanical Garden